Minimum Qualification Requirements
Applicants: To receive a pre-qualifying application for a new habitat home, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
· Show a need for housing by being overcrowded (more than two in a bedroom-the living room counts as a bedroom) Nine people living in a three bedroom residence with a living room is overcrowded-Eight people would not qualify for being overcrowded
· Show a need for housing by paying more rent than your monthly income allows, living in substandard conditions (has leaks or mold, structural, insulation, electrical, sewage or flooding problems or other things that would contribute to a dangerous or unhealthy living arrangement such as a high crime area or lacking handicap facilities) and pass a family selection committee visit to your residence verifying these conditions
· Have a credit score over 500
· Have a total income that falls between the 35% and 60% of average media income determined by Housing and Urban Development.
· Pass a criminal, credit, and a sexual predator background check
· Have no felony convictions
· Have a verifiable consistent work history
· Have no bankruptcies in past three years
· Have no outstanding unpaid judgments
· Not be a current homeowner (there are exceptions to this requirement)
· Reside in Coffee or Franklin counties
· Not owned a home in the past three years
· Be willing to attend homeowner education classes
· Be responsible for 300 work hours of sweat equity for a single parent family and 400 work hours for a two parent family.
· Not owe more than 40% of the total applicant(s) annual income (ex: you can’t owe more than $10,000.00—credit card, auto, other installment loans if your total income is no more than $25,000.00------40% X $25,000.00 = $10,000.00 )
· Be willing to pay $400.00 toward closing costs
· Be a U.S. resident or have documentation for being a legal alien
· Be a resident of Coffee or Franklin counties for the last 12 months
Meeting these minimum requirements will be verified.
If you meet the minimum requirements and wish to proceed, click on this link Partnership Questionnaire to display a printable form. Otherwise, call me at 931-393-2383 to send you one. Complete the form and send it in to the P.O. address below. If you have questions when filling out the questionnaire, call me at the HRHFH office for help.
P.O. Box 1295
Tullahoma, TN 37388
Highland Rim Habitat for Humanity
Serving Coffee and Franklin Counties
P.O. Box 1295
201 West Lincoln Street
Tullahoma, Tennessee 37388
N0TICE: The Federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act prohibits creditors from discriminating against credit applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin. sex, age (provided the applicant has the capacity to enter into a binding contract); because all or part of the applicant's income derives from any public assistance program; or because the applicant has in good faith exercised any right under the Consumer Credit Protection Act. The federal agency that administers compliance with this law concerning this creditor is the Federal Trade Commission. Washington, D.C. 20580 5